Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Wife the Champ

Not that a ton of people read our blog but just wanted all the dedicated friends to know that we're still kicking.

Laura and I did our long run this weekend together; 15 miles. For those of you that know about our difficultly training together that is a huge surprise. For those of you that don't know I'll try and explain:

The main problem is that Laura is very competitive (and so am I). The other problem is that she is faster than me (for right now). My sweet wife is very subtle about this, but she like to display her abilities when we run together. To be completely honest I get a little insecure when she slowly pulls away and picks up the pace. I hung with her for the most part this weekend but she still finished before me. I am so proud of her for training hard it just sucks that she's stronger than me (for right now). If I'm going to keep up with her at the marathon I have a lot of work to do. Only a little over a month away until the San Diego Marathon!

My advise for the week is to find something to train for, it's great motivation to get yourself in shape.

3 comments:

Morph This said...

I'm training for a marathon too.. a labor marathon! Good job keeping up with the wifey.. but don't feel bad that you aren't as fast as her.. she has the body of a Kenyan.

Richard Pike said...

Ben, it takes a man comfortable with his own manliness to admit that his wife kicked his butt in a foot race. Years ago my wife and I were in the mountains at a high school track. She challenged me to a race. It is a good thing that it was only one lap and that I could beat here that one lap. Had it been any longer I would have died of a heart attack. We still laugh about it 25 years later. Good luck in San Diego.

Mands Glenn said...

I love the ( for right now) at the end of your comments about how Laura is Kicking your Ace in running right now. I love it! Laura, I worship you. I have always worshiped your legs. I think we were at the gym together one time and I told you that you have the most amazing legs. They are like SHAPE magazine model legs. Ben, you married the right woman. I agree with you about training for something. It helps with motivation. You guys are so hard core.