Thursday, August 02, 2007

New Wager

I do consider myself a betting man so when it came to the Kokopelli triathlon on St George I didn't hesitate. A friendly wager of dinner at Fleming's is on the line. Now granted the guy I made the bet with beat me by 10 minutes in the last race, but I have come a long way. I'm now closer to my fighting weight of 165, and have been training 4 to 5 days a week.

This is where it gets funny. I was telling my sweet wife about the bet and she asks if Anthony is going to give me a handicap. I looked to see if she was joking and unfortunately she was dead serious. I'm so glad to know that she has so much faith in me. OK maybe she does have a somewhat valid reason to make a comment like this...every time I come back from a ride with the sucker I talk about how I just got ruined. The guy's an animal on the bike.

All I have to say to Anthony is that you better be training hard until September 22 cause I'm gunning for you. Maybe this time I'll sink to your level and cheat with a wetsuit.

1 comment:

Morph This said...

My money is on Ben.. He gets crazy when something doesn't go his way.