Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family Vacation Report(s)

Anderson - Harber Trip



Even thought the first trip was over a month ago I figured it was still worth reporting. We spent a week in McCall Idaho with a few of the Anderson crew. My mom, Eric, and Cate made it for the trip while the rest of the fam were caring for babies back home, or spreading the good word in Mexico. It was a great change of scenery from Vegas; I like the desert, but I love the mountains! The Payette river was at a super high volume and raging. On the drive from Boise we stopped to check out a few guys paddling the class V section of the North Fork, those suckers are nuts.



We kicked back and enjoyed the cool weather, played tennis, a little golf, and ate at some great restaurants. Thanks again to the Andersons for the good time.


Moody - Harber - Hoopes Trip


The second trip was a bit more recent. Laura went down a few days early to Baton Rouge to get in all the southern living she could squeeze in before the Gulf Shores trip. I ended up flying into Pensacola mid week to meet everyone in Gulf Shores. The Moodys rented an awesome beach house that everyone could stay at; great access to the beach and super close to a nice pool.



We ate some great seafood, hung at the beach and played a few games of Risk (possibly the greatest game ever conceived by man). For those on the left coast that have not experienced the Gulf it's quite a bit different from the Cali beaches we're accustom to. Super fine white sand and warm water, the only draw back might be the jellyfish. I'm happy to report that this year I did not have to experience a jellyfish sting (unlike last year). Laura on the other hand just about became topless on the beach in an attempt to remove a jellyfish tentacle from her bathing suit.

I enjoyed seeing a different a part of the country that sometimes makes you feel like you've traveled out of the US, and of course Laura always loves going home. Thanks again to the Moodys for the fun trip!

9 comments:

McEwen Family said...

Benny Ben Ben...such a good sport about going down South! I liked the positive spin on your trip down there, now if only I can learn how to do that when it comes to Boise....I may call you before I post my upcoming reunion there.

The Idaho trip looked beautiful too! Hopefully it's that nice when I head up there.

Ben said...

Being positive about the beach isn't hard...Boise in the winter is a different story.

Lambeth Family said...

When is Laura going to start looking pregnant? You look too wonderful girl!!!

The White Clan said...

I loved Gulf Shores. The sand is wonderful, and the jellyfish SUCK! Last time we went the jellyfish didn't have stingers, you could just pick them up and play with them with out any stinging, the boys loved it.
And yeah Laura looks fantastic too!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

I love Idaho. I am so glad you had a good time. Next time lets go together. Not just me and you. B and laura too. That sounded bad. Ha ha. Thanks for hanging for Brent's birthday we love hanging with you and laura. See u soon. Ash

liufamily said...

Sorry,we missed the 4th again. But the kids did have a blast. Braden felt like a big kid hangin out with you guys. As soon as we can get settled then maybe I can get back to normal.

Ben said...

Ashley,

You don't have to hide your true feelings. Unfortunately for you I'm super happy with Laura.

-KJ said...

Your mom's white hair gets me every time! I miss that crazy lady. I need to hear her laugh her face off with my mom!

Glad you had a great time!!! I want to go down south soooo bad!

Lauren said...

Must be nice vacationing everywhere...lucky! I'm going next year for sure.