Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back From the Break

Whoa...that was a longer than intended break from the blog posting. I'm not going to make excuses, mostly because I hate when when people say they don't have time to do "XYZ" task (although I have been fairly busy with work).

To get you folks up to speed, The Harbers are doing well. Laura has really started to get big (sorry babe). About two weeks ago I had the very cool experience of feeling my man child move in Laura's belly; she on the other hand gets to experience what it feels like to have a mosh pit inside of her. He starts to get real active right around her bed time. Ha ha

Cooler weather has set in Vegas and has made for some nice riding conditions. Mostly road riding these days, but I hope to hit the dirt a little more often. Unfortunately the cooler weather comes with more wind. I swear this has been the windiest year in Vegas history. Maybe I could commission AL Gore to do a documentary on the cause of increased windy conditions. My guess is that he would link it to the down turned economy.



I do feel bad not reporting about this earlier but to top of the summer we had the chance to spend a few weeks in China with the Nelson crew. It was truly one of the most amazing trips we've done. Before the trip China was not at the top of my list of places to visit, but after being there I would definitely recommend it to everyone. The good news is that no one on the trip picked up "The Bird Flu" or "SARS" (that we know of). More details on the trip later.

15 comments:

Morph This said...

well well well.. look who decided to join us in the blogging world! post more please.

charity said...

ah, cute belly LP! miss you!

-KJ said...

Still bitter we were left out on the China trip. I guess we wouldn't have had as much fun together since you now have Laura, and I have Kevin. ;)

So, Kevin just got his new cycle cross bike delivered today. A new obsession begins.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have gone! Rub Laura's belly for me. AWW!

The White Clan said...

I hesitated clicking on your name. But I am glad I did.
Laura's belly is so cute, tell her I say hello! And next trip up, please bring her.

Ben said...

Kj

So jealous of kevs new purchase. The bike addiction may be worse than drugs, and maybe less expensive.

Tell kevin I saw old one nut at the cross race here in Vegas last month. He got smoked! Hopfully the same doesn't happen when he makes his apperance back at the tour.

McEwen Family said...

I'm glad I didn't give up on checking your blog! Thanks for posting the China pics, looks like an amazing trip! It's on my list of places to go one day!
Laura looks so cute pregnant! I can't believe I haven't seen her in so long. I'm so excited for you guys to have this little guy!!

-KJ said...

Hahaha! I think he is planning on getting smoked. At least the first time. I am sure it is something he can get good at quickly. He has a race this Saturday, so we'll see!

aubrey. said...

love china!

and LOVE that you two were there.
hey are you gonna be in vegas for Christmas?

Ben said...

We'll be here. Laura will be about 2 weeks away from her due date so we'll be on lock down.

-KJ said...

Yea! I seriously think this will be the first Christmas we will be together since you got married...or longer!

aubrey. said...

yay we will all be together again!

Laura said...

I'm excited to experience my first Nelson family Christmas this year!!! If it's anything like China, it'll be a blast.

Unknown said...

What trip was better China or california to pick up your bike? Be honest.

Ben said...

That's a tough one Matt, I'll have to get back to you.