Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Spiritual Nourishment




At first glance you see a plain IN-N-OUT cup to hold a veritable cornucopia of delicious beverages.  But just yesterday an interesting discovery was made with regard to this very normal looking cup.  As I tilted the cup to enjoy the drink of my choice, my eternal mate noticed something that seemed out of place on the bottom.




What a concept; a one stop shop to enjoy a delicious burger, and also receive a spiritual message.  In my book IN-N-OUT can now be considered soul food as it provides nourishment for the body, mind, and spirit.  Maybe this has been there forever but it's the first time we've noticed it.  I had reservations about posting this information for fear that some jackass lawyer (no offense Brent, Andrew, ect) would find cause to sue; but then I realized it's a message that should be shared.  It's a pleasant surprise coming from California company where one would expected something like, "NO on Prop 8".  We already won that battle so I guess it would be a waste of space anyways.   

I'm not sure how this scripture is relevant to sporting events where you see it commonly posted; however on the bottom of a disposable cup makes complete sense.  The Harbers want to take this opportunity to thank IN-N-OUT for displaying this great message.     

8 comments:

McEwen Family said...

It would have been pretty cool if it had read "Austin 3:16" after Stone Cold Steve Austin. This is only going to make sense if you have ever seen the old days of Wrestling with Stone Cold. I guess that would be the semi-old days, not the old days. The old days would consist of Hulk, Macho Man Randy Savage, Junk Yard Dog, Andre the Giant, etc.

Morph This said...

if you check the french fry box you will see yet another message waiting for you.

and thanks a lot, now it's only 8:30 and i am getting dressed to go get me a double double as soon as the drive through opens.

Lambeth Family said...

What a great place that in and out is. Spiritual too! I think I'll eat there today!

Lambeth Family said...

I should mention that in my sacrament meeting talk on sunday! :)

-KJ said...

Yakitty schmakitty blah blah blah. PICTURES OF THE BABY PLEASE! K, thanks, bye.

The White Clan said...

I want baby pictures too! Get busy! And congratulations by the way! How is Laura feeling?

Richard Pike said...

Ben,

They have been there for many years. The founder of IN N OUT was a very devout Christian man. The verses change from time to time.

We too are waiting on the name of the baby.

Ben said...

Laura's doing great...photos of the kid are on the way.