Friday, December 07, 2007

Harber weekend in SLC

We spent last weekend in SLC with the Paul and Nola Harber Family. It was a kicked back weekend just to hang out with everyone. We went out to eat, did some serious shopping and checked out the lights at Temple Square. We were lucky enough to get snow for most of the weekend... It definitely helped to get into the holiday season.

The one bummer was that Southwest lost my bag. We were planning on carrying on our bags until we found out one of the traveling family members had to check their bag. Laura and I decided to check ours since we would have to wait at the baggage claim anyways. All bags made it to SLC but mine. The best part is that I still don't have the bag (as of 12/7/07), and Southwest makes you wait 30 days until they reimburse for anything. I didn't realize how much I had in the sucker until I started to itemize the list. The most missed items in the bag are my running shoes and my heart rate monitor. I can't afford to let 30 days slip by without essential training tools, especially while that sucker Anthony is in the middle of his "eye of the tiger training."

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera for the weekend so not many photos until someone emails me some. I did receive one photo that I loved. I gave my nephew a doughnut at breakfast one morning and he had no problem taking care of it.


7 comments:

-KJ said...

Piece of crap pieces of crap! Lame I didn't know you guys were here until the DAY YOU LEFT!!!
Also, too bad you didn't lose your shoes while you were here. There is a great place called the Salt Lake Running Company. They video you running on a tread mill and analyze the way your foot falls. Then they choose the correct shoe for your foot. Kevin and my mom have done it and they said they were awesome.
That Jackson is too cute. Can't wait to see your brand ;)

Mands Glenn said...

Seriously reading your story about losing your bag brings back memories of when Southwest lost mine too. I still think to this day that someone might just call me and say they found it. I hope you get it back. What a bummer.

I love your cute little cousin with the donut face. We let Lilly try sugar all the time and she loves it.

I miss SNOW!

Ben said...

That's just not nice to rub it in about the running shoes. I have other running shoes but those were broken in perfectly. Red Rock Running Company does the same thing here in Vegas so tell that copy cat in SLC put that in his pipe and smoke it.

Just a little hostile this morning cause the rain has put a hurt on the training day.

-KJ said...

I'll let it slide THIS time. Oh wait, no I won't. Go look at my new post. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I was actually going to post it anyway because it was festive, but this makes it even better.
Kidding, glad you have a good place to by shoes there. Sucks that your others were broken so well. Hope your feet don't suffer to much. I remember when my Uncle John ran the St. George Marathon when his shoes weren't broken in enough and they were solid blood blisters. Obviously that memory scared me.

liufamily said...

How much do you run every day? It sounds like a form of torture to me. Lance does like it, but when you are in the army you really dont have a choice. I admire you guys who do all that crazy marathon crap, I think I would fall over and die! I know I am lame!

Ben said...

Right now I average about 20 miles a week. That's not a ton of running for a week but I also swim about 3500 yds, and bike around 60 to 70 miles.

Amanda said...

ok. you should know by now! southwest is amazing for entertaining 'buckle your seatbelt' songs and good prices... but they're not so hot on getting your baggage to your planned destination.

and seriously- what's with coming to SLC and not informing your family? i'll be sure to question nola on that one!

eh- stace, i'm with you on the running thing! i can do biking... but there is something about running that makes me... well... not want to run.

can't wait to see you guys soon!!!