Saturday, December 22, 2007

When work gets in the way of Blogging

Typically this time of year is pretty slow for my business, that's not been the case this year. I'm not complaining but it definitely has cut into the more important things in life like maintaining the Harber blog and training.
OK...work has been busy but more than anything there hasn't been a ton to write about. I can sum up the past few weeks pretty quick:

Laura and I had the opportunity to go to the NFR (National Finals Rodeo) twice this year thanks to Mr. Paul Harber. It made me laugh that Laura was so into it; she kept telling me how much she was looking forward to it and was excited to be there the whole time. I thought this year was exceptionally good; those cowboys are amazing athletes. This was also the little buckaroo's first year at the rodeo, from what I hear he enjoyed himself pretty well.





Other than the Rodeo it's been Christmas parties and shopping. I'm very grateful for my sweet wife that takes care of the majority of the shopping. She also gets credit for the holiday decorations around the house. This is another activity that I try and stay out of, but I do enjoy the decorations once everything is up.

We had a great game of Risk with the boys last week. Thanks to the Moodys for introducing me to my new favorite game.

I've been slacking major on the training schedule. After next week I need to get serious and get with the program. The half marathon is a little over a month away, and the half Ironman is only about 3 months away. Jesse's going to be a serious contender at the Buffalo run on Catalina.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesse may be a contender for the Buffalo run but thats nothing the run was named after me. Bring the defribulators. I have a pain in my side just thinking about it.

Ben said...

Have you registered yet?

-KJ said...

Missed you guys at Nola's the other night. Are you going to be there for fight night?

Ben said...

We wanted to stop by but Laura's parents were in town for the night. Not sure on fight night just yet. How long are you guys in town?

-KJ said...

Haha. Not anymore. Too bad we missed you guys!

Ben said...

Next time...

McEwen Family said...

we are up and running finally, andyandrachelmcewen.blogspot.com check out good ol idaho fun. you'll get an idea of the weather up there. hope you and laura had a merry christmas and happy new year! lets get together soon!

Ben said...

It's good to see you guys up and running. We need to quit threatening to get togeather, and just do it. We're up for dinner anytime.