Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Result of Paying Tithing!

Yesterday was one of the best days ever. I had just gotten back from the Saturday road ride and was doing a bit of cleaning up in the garage. Matt (the hero of the day) rode over to throw his bike on the stand and do a little maintenance. After he was done he headed home; after a few minutes he returned and said that he thought he saw my bike that had been stolen in a garage down the street. I bolted down the street and saw that beautiful green Surly pony sitting there. I didn't even knock on the door, I just swooped it!

I got back to my house and realized that this sucker was just on the other side of the street only about 5 doors down, I had to go back to find out who the bike thief was. The people that answered claimed they had moved in only two weeks ago and that the bike was there when they moved in. Either way I was just glad to have it back.

Huge thanks again to Matt with the eagle eye!




Oh yeah...scroll down a bit to check out the post from the Tucson 24 Hour Race.

13 comments:

liufamily said...

Oh Happy Day!!! ;)

McEwen Family said...

I'm so happy for you Ben! Matt definately has a good eye! I can't believe that basically your neighbor stole your bike, that is just nuts.

Ben said...

I know...I can't stop thinking about how close it was. It's comforting to know that bike theives go to the darkest part of Hell.

Brooke Eriksen said...

Sometimes a man has to take justice into his own hands. I can picture you doing your little cackle as you ran up to reclaim your bike. Too bad the bike thief was in such a hurry to move that he forgot to take it with him, or just maybe someone is fibbing.

I can't believe your sister is playing college basketball! Crazy! Isn't she like, 12?

Brooke Eriksen said...

That comment was Nik by the way, I can't seem to make this new world- wide- web put my name on it.

Ben said...

Nik

Good thing operating on people comes easier to you than working your computer.

-KJ said...

Do you think they were telling the truth? Anyway, hip hip!!! Lucky mug!

Ben said...

The only reason I believed them is that another buddy in my ward lives right next to them; when I asked him he said they did just move in.

Sabrosa Cycles said...

YES!!!
Absolutely amazing. I guess you won't be needing to turn that ferrous into a one-y anymore.

Mands Glenn said...

I love that you just STOLE it back. ha! What a huge blessing.What a relief! So glad you got your bike back. Our neighbor kids just got their electric skooters stolen and they are 7 and 8 years old and are so bumbed. I hate Stealers!

Amanda said...

who goes through the trouble of stealing a bike and then leaves it behind? then again, i guess most thieves aren't the brightest of people...

Chris said...

ben they probably stole it not realizing it was a single-speed, then couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

Ben said...

Chris

At first I thought they must have had good taste to take the single speed, but I now know they were just ignorant.