Friday, June 22, 2007

Utah Summer Games

Last weekend I cruised up to St George for a triathlon that was part of the Utah Summer Games. With it only being two weeks since the marathon I planned on just just taking it easy and having a good time (that's my excuses for being slow).

I registered for the sprint distance which is as follows:


  • 700 meter Swim
  • 14 mile Bike
  • 5K Run

The bike and the run I felt pretty comfortable with but the swim nearly killed me. Not only was I not in swimming shape but you wouldn't believe the number of cheaters in wetsuits (excuse # 2 for being slow). My main reason I did this race was that I felt like a hypocrite after pushing Anthony to do the San Diego Marathon. I blame Anthony for pushing my to do this tri.

My finish time: 1 hour 36 minutes

Anthony: 1 hour 24 minutes

Anthony, think about how bad you would have felt if I had drown.

No comments: