Friday, October 26, 2007

AZ Machine Gun Shoot

Last weekend made 5 weekends in a row that I've been out of town. This weekend I went down with Jared, Bob, and Tony to the MG Shooters "The Big Sandy" machine gun shoot in Arizona.










My favorite by far was Bob's CZ 37. Belt fed and fairly accurate. There are only 5 in the US registry and it's blast to shoot.











Basically guys are just hammering with nonstop shooting all day and night. They had tons of stuff to shoot at; sticks of dynamite, 50 gallons barrels, an old jeep, but the best were the remote controlled planes. They even flew the planes at night with glow sticks on them. It was awesome watching guys shoot down a plane at night with tracer rounds.
.



This is Jared on his Browning 1919

2 comments:

Brooke said...

No way, what a fun weekend! How in the world did you get to take part in this event?

Man, compared to you I feel like all of my shooting outings with my dad might as well have been with a marshmallow gun aiming at coke cans. Too cool.

Ben said...

Just lucky to have to right friends. I need to recrute them into the Mormon Mulisha; when it really hits the fan you know where I'll be hiding.